Technical Skills Required:
- Must understand construction phases, job situations, and project conditions for timing of approaching customer and rental products application suggestions.
- Must be knowledgeable of entire rental fleet and be able to demonstrate equipment whenever appropriate to increase customer awareness of product offerings and product applications.
- Must have working knowledge of business software such as Outlook, Saleslink, iRental, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, DLMS, etc.
Experience, Education and Training
- Preferably a 4 year college degree or associates degree with industry experience. Experience in closely related industries such as heavy equipment, material handling, construction, engineering or equipment distribution would also be a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of the equipment rental industry
- Outside sales experience of at least 3 or more years
- Ability to write concise and professional proposals, emails, memos
- Ability to provide basic rental application training on all products, operations and service capabilities
- Must be well spoken, polite, highly engaged and professional
- Must be able to communicate well with various levels of people within various organizations
- Must be a good listener and naturally curious
- Must have a positive demeanor and outlook
- Must be empathetic
- Must have winning attitude
- Must support Patten foundational goals of: Integrity, Customer Focus, Ownership and Teamwork
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets